: Finance and Accounting ManagerLocation
: Los Angeles, CAOrganization
: Kounkuey Design Initiative (KDI)Job Opening
: September 2023Closing Date
: When FilledKounkuey Design Initiative
is currently looking to hire a talented and highly motivated Finance and Accounting Manager to handle the accounting for its US-based operations. Reporting to the Managing Operations Director, the Finance and Accounting Manager will be involved in strategic financial planning and responsible for financial recording, reporting, and planning. The successful candidate will be a hands-on leader with strong analytic, organization, and communication skills.
KDI is a multinational non-profit entity which focuses on combating poverty, environmental degradation, and social isolation, primarily in the US and Kenya. The organization has over 40 staff members on three continents, including designers, planners, engineers, community organizers, program specialists, and operations staff.Job Description
As the Finance and Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for all financial aspects of the company and supervising staff as needed. In addition, the Finance and Accounting Manager is responsible for the following:
- Handling accounting functions on a day-to-day basis including invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, treasury management, and general ledger accounting.
- Completing a timely, accurate, and efficient accounting close on a monthly basis.
- Performing budget-to-actual reporting and analysis on completed projects and those in process.
- Forecasting cash flow needs.
- Reporting of operational data to key members of the leadership team.
- Creating periodic reporting packages for the Board of Directors.
- Managing the annual financial audit process conducted by an outside firm.
- Developing, analyzing, documenting and implementing internal controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Strong bookkeeping skills.
- Strong understanding of GAAP & FASB
- 2 years of non-profit accounting
- Highly experienced in Budget-to-Actual reporting.
- General ledger and other accounting systems experience (Quickbooks).
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience.
How to Apply
- Benefits Package including 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Paid time off.
- Salary: 90-110k commensurate with experience
- Schedule: Monday to Friday, with flexible schedule options
Please send electronic copy of a cover letter and resume to: LAJobs@kounkuey.orgSubject heading: Finance and Accounting Manager: [Your Name]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or medical condition. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
KDI is a non-profit design and community development organization. We collaborate with under-resourced communities to advance equity and activate the unrealized potential in neighborhoods and cities. We accomplish this mission through advocacy, research, planning, and built works.
We have been recognized for our innovative approach to participatory design by notable institutions such as Architectural League of New York, World Resources Institute, MIT, The Rockefeller Foundation, United Nations-Habitat, The California Endowment, Ashoka Changemakers, Smithsonian Institute, IDEO, The Atlantic Renewal Project, and Swiss Re Foundation.