Summer Design Intern
STARTING DATE: June 2019
KDI is currently seeking a Design Intern who is passionate about community-driven development to work with our Design and Planning Departments. The position is based in our downtown Los Angeles office, but may require travel to our projects in the Eastern Coachella Valley. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in participatory design processes on a wide-range of project types.
The Design Intern will work closely with the Design and Planning teams to help conceptualize, plan, and realize built projects in Southern California. Projects range from creating graphics for environmental justice campaigns, to designing public parks, to creating street activation furniture. This position is geared towards a designer that has deep interest in the intersection of design and urban planning, and has strong research and diagramming skills. Other job responsibilities may include community outreach, fabrication help, and project documentation.
- Current graduate or undergraduate student in Landscape Architecture
- Experience working in community development or policy preferred
- Excellent writing and analytical abilities
- Fabrication or graphic design experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Create Suite, and Rhino
- Spanish language skills a plus
This is a paid full-time internship and may be supported by a federal work study award.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send electronic copy of cover letter, work samples or portfolio, and resume to: Lauren Elachi, Design Coordinator at email@example.com